25 April 2010

The most beautiful book ...


I bought this book a while ago; Annete Gero 'The Fabric of Society', and it frankly cost a fortune ! but I also think that it is just possibly the most beautiful quilt-book I own.

There is Australian history, and quilt history. Pictures of some absolutely wonderful quilts (and some that are just plain weird), and then there are 27 patterns on a CD and on a pull-out pattern-sheet.
Inspiration for years to come.

... and naturally, the one quilt that I absolutely love, is one there is no pattern for. No matter. It can be adapted to be made with the Inklingo Orange Peel collection, Collection #2, one of the collections that has a circle on it, and a seriously big (applique ?) block.

... Maybe even the Baltimore Medallion block that has now been languishing on the shelves for some years ???
(well, I can see on this blog, that it was finished about the time I started the blog, and that was December 2006)

My mind is spinning with how to make it, and it might even happen some day :-)

6 comments:

Karen said...

The Baltimore medallion you have made is gorgeous!

Joan said...

Beautiful Batimore Tilde...hope its no longer languishing. The quilt on the cover of the book looks fantastic!

Cathi said...

I've been so tempted by that book -- and your review of it is crumbling my defences!!! Did you find a Ueropean source from which to order it? I can't find any North American sources so am thinking perhaps ordering it from Europe would be the next best idea.

Tilde said...

No, unfortunately Cathi, I bought it at the source I link to; in Oz; at the excorbitant prize; plus postage ! But it really is a beautiful book.

Chookyblue...... said...

I have the book and it is beautiful...a friend owns the quilt on the cover......I would love to make one like it.......

Penny Jones said...

I have been looking at this book as well. I have found a place to order from in the US. I wrote to Annette and she recommended qbu@qbu.com. They quoted me $145.00 total (including shipping) Now I may just have to cave in! Thanks for the review of the book.