28 July 2011

Here comes the Sun(flowers) 2

So, the big open space of a 5"+ diameter centre for my 12" sunflower was too much for me.
Which means I'm ready to try something different. Something that will give me more interest in the centre of the block. What about a double Sunflower.
Because, let's face it, where is the fun in stiching a 12" block with 49 pieces (that's without the outside, background, which hasn't been put on yet, and thus does not count), compared to stitchin a 12" block with 97 pieces !
So here it is : Double the Sunflower, Double the fun (! ???)

And lessons learned on this one : Not so much green. I really must reduce the amount of green on these blocks. On to the next one.

1 comment:

Cyn said...

Wonderful sunflower, Tilde.
I like the green, but if you don't like too much of it, perhaps you could create alternate blocks with another color on the outside instead of the green. I certainly would not re-do such a lovely block!